Custom Search
“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” - Philip K. Dick (1928 - 1982)

Sunday, June 29, 2008

The World of Paper-Craft

Origami was the first paper craft technique I got myself involved into. As far as I can remember, I think I was in my 4th grade when I got to do my very first 'geometrically-perfect' (as I call it) bird crane. It took me hours to perfect and follow the drawing instructions for the bird crane version I perfected. Moreover, it wasn't only the bird crane model I got to finish but a lot more (Gold fish, frog, bell flower, penguin, whale, paper cup...) and through Origami I felt like I did have a normal childhood.

Anyway, as I was being fond of Origami, I started to get involved with paper-crafting, well just last year.. when I had nothing to do but waste paper and ink >,< I became interested with this technique after seeing a picture of Howl's Moving Castle paper craft... and it looks 'that' good, I didn't notice it was actually made out of paper.

Well, as far as I can explain, paper crafting is just another technique which includes (of course) paper, scissors for this case, glue, printer, and patience. Models can be created via software, 3D software probably since I have not yet to create mine... and from this you will have a pattern in which you will then need to build-up like that of a plamo (plastic model).

I have actually created several models already. None of them were my own but I hope to create my original someday.

Furthermore, I am just taking this like a theraphy. Away from my stressful work and my stressful life. You should try it too. It's fun! ^_______^

No comments:

Powered By Blogger