Custom Search
“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” - Philip K. Dick (1928 - 1982)

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Notpron Spoiler Level 10

Personally my favorite level. You have to rely again on the SOURCE CODE in order for you to decode the username and the password.


As you can see from the SOURCE CODE - you have this as hint (quick quick, don't let me wait) and also you would notice that the music file changed... So you have to view the SOURCE CODE and download the music file

http://www.deathball.net/notpron/stuff/mus3.mp3

After downloading the music file... you would notice this code from the SOURCE as well:

%SystemRoot%..System32..sndrec32.exe

and also the phrase "can capture what u hear

So just try to open up another browser and copy paste the SOURCE FILE and it will open up the Windows Sound Recorder.

Since this is a Windows Sound Recorder program it would not play the MP3 format for you so you need to convert the music file to WAV file and hear the answer. You have to increase the speed three times for you to be able to hear the sound much clearly and you will hear the word "FOR REAL". I tried this a dozen times and thought this was the password to the point of giving up but when I tried to experiment on the Windows Sound Recorder I noticed the reverse function and you will clearly hear the word "GRAY WORLD" and that's it. That would be the username and the password.

Username: gray

Password: world

Play notpron HERE

14 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a mac. Would I be able to play the .wav file?

Unknown said...

i don't have sndrec32.exe on windows 10, so i used audacity
https://sourceforge.net/projects/audacity/

had to increase the speed 5 times to understand what's being said
/effect-reverse, and then effect->change speed/

Unknown said...

btw, you get an egg changing 'wrong' folder to 'right' in the url

GlocktaII said...

How are you supposed to work out that the sound needs to be reversed?!... I got the whole to speeding it up, but there seemed no logical reason to reverse it.

BurghGuy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BurghGuy said...

I am wondering the same thing Glocktall. I am not sure if I am missing something, but I had no idea why I would think to reverse the sound.

Blobber said...

Reversing it was actually the first thing I thought about. I used to have an DSi and I played around a lot with the recording functions where you could change the voice range, make it faster and slower and reverse the sound track. The original sound sounded a lot like a reversed track

Unknown said...

No one seems to talk about the hint "operator woman said it". I still dont get what this means but in my head it made more sense as "It said woman, operator". That is what gave me the idea to reverse it

Unknown said...

At an earlier stage the response was: inverted and levelten

anon said...

gray world no longer works. does anyone know the new answer?

Rayzer69 said...

dark times

Oia said...

Dark times dá

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

for those wondering
username - dark
pass- tinmes

Powered By Blogger