Custom Search
“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” - Philip K. Dick (1928 - 1982)

Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Still Unappreciated Artist...

When I got this job that I have right now I was really pissed off the fact that I'll be busy again and never got to do what I want with my 'own' time. Little that I know that this will lead me straight to my second international achievement. I never expected to win the bronze prize or to be one of the 30 finalists for the APEC ICT Poster Making Competition but there I have it... I saw my name on their website... APEC ICT Website (mine is the one that looks sooo native.. the one with the jeepney). Anyway, I was really happy about the outcome even if I didn't get to be the grand prize winner taking home a wopping $5,000.00 USD, it was still a compliment in my part. But I don't know, the happiness I felt was for a moment only. I felt that there's still something missing although I don't know WHAT the heck is it... Shoot... Moreover, check out my winning poster below:


Well, I actually submitted 7 posters for the contest and I wasn't expecting to be chosen even if I had 7 chances. Furthermore, I really thought that the poster that has a notebook in almost grey scale colored background has the highest chance of getting picked out among my entries. I never did expect that the native red jeepney had that much impact but my mom had a hunch that the red jeepney poster would be the one chosen. You may check out the rest of my posters and see which do you think should have been the bronze prize winner. I would like to get your opinion with my image manipulation. I was'nt really satisfied with their choice (purely from my poster only not with the entire judgment):


First entry I created. The one I thought has the highest chance of getting picked out since this is the poster that really took a lot of effort. I was thinking to let my 9-year-old cousin draw the background for me but her drawing was pretty much out of place (sorry about that) so I was the one who drew the background and I made it look like a doodle of a young girl who loves internet but had no chance to use one.


Anyway, my second entry was another of the same concept and title. This is my 6-year-old super talkative cousin. Good lords I was able to tame him during the moment of shooting this picture. I thought grey scaled picture had much impact. Looks dramatic and cinematic to me, the same with the sepia effect.


Third entry is my most favorite work among the rest. I thought it was so simple yet the message I formulated had really that much impact. This was actually taken inside my office which is not permitted but hell what are rules for if we don't break'em? Anyway, yeah... our office doesn't actually allow their employees to bring cameras with them although mine wasn't a camera because it was a cellphone so what the heck I just took this picture secretly. LOL


Cutest poster I made. This is the one I told you I asked to draw my first poster for me but her drawing was out of place so I had to improvise. Anyway, her dad was so happy about the outcome of this poster. He even printed this one out. Isn't she cute?


This picture was taken from Mall of Asia. We really did thought of making this out to the extent of traveling to Mall of Asia just for the shoot even if the weather is bad that day.


Poster with a humor. I was always tagging this 'Message in MATADOR bottle' because the bottle is really Matador. This was taken during our beach trip to Potipot, Zambales. I had my camera with me while walking on the shore and I saw this shining under the sun and I though the moment was very cinematic so I took a picture of it never knowing I'll be using it this way...

Anyway, feel free to drop any comment/s regarding my posters. I'll very much appreciate your opinion.

Until my next post! Au revoir...

No comments:

Powered By Blogger