Custom Search
“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” - Philip K. Dick (1928 - 1982)

Monday, June 23, 2008

Finding the right laptop for you...

I just hate it when someone compares ASUS EEE PC to MacBook Air. It seems pointless... why? Number one, of course MacBook Air will reign supreme talking about functionality. Number two, Mac is Mac... and so on. First, let me just clarify something; why would someone even compare ASUS EEE PC to MacBook Air in the first place when ASUS already claimed that their EEE PCs are for beginners? Are you getting my point here? When someone approaches you and asks you which laptop am I going to buy, are you just going to advise him to buy the most expensive one for 'price' tells everything? Of course not! Well, I just wanted to share out some view point I have when choosing a laptop for someone or for yourself.

These questions below are the information you needed to find out for someone wanting to buy a new laptop:

1) What is your PURPOSE? Is it just for surfing... am I going to edit pictures and videos here... am I a programmer... what sort of application programs am I going to install on this laptop... You need to know what kind of purpose you have.

2) How much do I have? If I saved enough money then why not go for something that is functional yet affordable. Although this is still situation-based.

3) Of course you still need to know about the laptop’s specs. Again depends on the purpose of the laptop. If you’re just going to write stuffs, and you don’t know anything about editing images, music, and video then why go for an expensive laptop which caters these features. Why not just buy something like an ACER Aspire Series. You see, you don’t need to worry about having the finest processor for this guy here is mainly for multitasking. A higher memory laptop would be much better. Another thing you need to be aware of is the battery life.

Now, a credit to ASUS EEE PC, if you are just for surfing and you need to always check something online, school work spreadsheets, documents, this thing here is perfect for you. It is quite portable and very affordable.


Moreover, it’s funny that I find some people saying the EEE touchpad suck, the keyboard are too small… well what do you expect from a 7 inch laptop? If you think you are going to complain in the long run about the touchpad, the small screen, the keyboard, then I would never suggest this laptop for you. You should go with a 12 inch laptop if you still want portability. Moreover, if portability really matters to you then I suggest you go with this. You’ll never regret it because I never did.. Yet, if you have enough money to buy expensive laptops, then I would go for either SONY Vaio or MacBook Air.

By the way, I find ASUS EEE PC 900 series the next best thing. I can't wait to hold one right now...

No comments:

Powered By Blogger