Custom Search
“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” - Philip K. Dick (1928 - 1982)

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Stimulate Your Frontal Lobe... (Waking Life and Me)


An excerpt from my favorite philosophical movie "WAKING LIFE"...


Since the world is in constant flux, nothing that occurs has any relevance to anything else. What you believe, feel, or think is based on the assumption that truth exists. Thus, you're free to do anything that brings you pleasure. That humanity feels constrained by morals is one of the funniest jokes I've ever heard…

Honestly, I’m really having a hard time describing myself since I believe all you know about one self is always just as shallow. Yeah, I can be superficial but most of the time I’m complex. Being a rational technophile is what defines me best if this even exists. I’m into sci-fi books, brains that will take you millions of years from now. Having arguments specially the ones that’ll make your brain bleed is what motivates me. I don’t like non-sense; feeling my brain cells dying is really dreadful. I come from the principle of being agnostic. I don’t believe in universal God because I have my own personal God. Incredulity fills me in specially when talking about Quantum Mechanics and the so-called freedom. It’s only our emotional structure which makes us want God to exist and this is what you call faith. I also consider free will and Physics argument comical. I’ll be quoting something from what I replied on some forum.

Quote: "Because if you're talking about free will there's always this assumption that God exist, on the other hand if you're talking purely about Quantum Mechanics since it's so deterministic then if we look at it in a small scale, large scale either way seems so that we have no freedom at all so why this argument. Isn't free will just another part of our emotional structure, the same structure that makes us want God to exist?"

Also talking about telescopic evolution, another segment from my favorite movie “Waking Life”; we have had some discussions about the new evolutionary paradigm. If you look at it on a larger scale, perceiving the heavy technical terms... you really wouldn't understand what the man is trying to deliver since the conversation came out naturally, existentialism; it's happening right now... right at this very moment... no pre-organization of thoughts.

It's definitely not transhumanism nor religion nor politics. After watching this movie, this scene; over and over again it finally came to me that he was simply explaining about the evolution of man bearing human traits of truth, of loyalty, of justice, of freedom. The new evolutionary paradigm only means that the smarter you are the more passive you get and by this... war, predation would be a subject to de-emphasis; de-evolution. So in return, neo-humans are those who are being selfless, those who have true spirit, who’s obviously kind, those who don't think of competition (competing with one another), those who are thinking of helping others, of being equal, of loving everyone.

Realizing these things helped me truly see myself... see what I’ am right now. Am I starting to become a subject to the new evolutionary paradigm, a neo-human or still on the stage of a Cro-Magnon man whom we cannot blame to embrace war and predation.

After hearing this from a Chemistry professor (Dr. Eamonn Healy - the one you see on the vid), having the vision of a peaceful future... you can't help but be optimistic about it. If this would truly be the track for the new evolution... then I wouldn't worry much about the future...”

No comments:

Powered By Blogger