Custom Search
“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” - Philip K. Dick (1928 - 1982)

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

My Next Astronomy Project

I have been an amateur telescope maker since grade school but I never did follow up on it because my mom wanted me to focus on my studies and so I did. I made my first Newtonian telescope when I was a 5th grader. Not really aesthetically appealing but does the job somewhat decently.

Anyway, since I recently involved myself into astrophotography after experimenting on the Lunar Eclipse time lapse with nothing but a tripod and a cheap semi-DSLR camera, my love for ATM came back and I plan to capture everything I see this time and explore deeper with regards to telescope design. I'll try to understand the Dobsonian telescope first and maybe realize something in the process which would enhance its capabilities, maybe. I stumbled upon a website which would be a great help for starting up the Dobsonian telescope. Well, in case you're wondering, Dobsonian came from the surname of John Dobson who popularized amateur astronomy.

Here's a sample pic of the outcome once everything's done:


I'm also planning to make a cool time lapse video like one of the below clips plus I'd love to layout a post-rock song to it too. Something from Explosions in the Sky I guess or Sleep Dealer or No Clear Mind, so many to choose from and all of them bands are amazingly great.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger