Custom Search
“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” - Philip K. Dick (1928 - 1982)

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Lily by the Window

I just finished another flower artwork this afternoon and I am so happy about it I can't even wait to show it to my dad... and I did a little while ago.

I set-up the webcam and focused the lens onto the canson paper filled with oil pastel, the medium I used to bring to life the blossom I loved before sunflower caught my attention. My dad exaggiratingly asked… “Saan mo naman nabili yan? Art ba ni Salvador Dali yan?” I smiled and said “Akin kaya to!” and wondered why the artist Salvador Dali? I am nothing like him. He’s a surrealist and I don’t have that kind of wild, out of this world imagination to become one. I am more comfortable claiming myself as a post-impressionist or an asbtract/cubism artist. I am not that good to be the next Rembrandt. However, I am also not saying that post-impressionist and abstract artists are intimidated by golden age artists. They belong to two different movements in the first place but I would have to say that Rembrandt art is just too intricate for me plus I don’t have abundant patience to spent perfecting my obra maestra.

Oil Pastel on Canson

I remember someone told me that my talent is rarely given and I should be thankful to have it although I was not sure what he really meant that time. Maybe I was just over analyzing but I don’t know if I could accept it clearly and openly. It’s just too flaterring that I thought I did not deserve such admiration. It is sometimes hard to believe such compliments specially when you know you still have room to grow.

Anyway, please… oh please… if I could just have some teeny weeny bit of your time… I would be grateful if you could leave comments regarding the above artwork done with oil pastel on canson (meduim I personally love). I would appreciate it very much even if it is a condemnation. It would really help me improve my techniques.

Thanks… ^_^

No comments:

Powered By Blogger