Custom Search
“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” - Philip K. Dick (1928 - 1982)

Monday, August 10, 2009

Country Bellflower

I just finished another flower artwork. Anyway, maybe you're wondering how I start with my painting. I don't use pencil anymore. I am directly using oil pastel to draw...

Firstly, I browse good pictures for reference and then print it out. After printing my subject out, I am just directly putting the exact object to the blank canson paper I am using. I use base color to draw the figure, depending on what dominant color of the subject is (for example, if I am painting sunflower I would be using yellow as my base color). After forming the object I create the shading to bring the object to life and then furnishing it by outlining my subject with a much brighter shade of the base color (for the sunflower case, I used orange as its outline). Then finishing it with the third layer of shading...

Oil Pastel on Canson

Well, enjoy my third master piece.

Thanks for leaving comments... ^_^

No comments:

Powered By Blogger