Custom Search
“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” - Philip K. Dick (1928 - 1982)

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Call Center Bloopers Part 2

Agent: Thank you for calling Verizon Online DLS Technical Support, we’re here to provide you with outstanding service, you have reached Anna. Let me just verify your DSL phone number and that would be 718-xxx-xxx, is that correct?

Customer: Yes.

Agent: May I have a call back number just in case we need to reach you regarding this matter?

Customer: You can reach me through my cell phone… It’s uhhm 921-xxx-xxx.

Agent: Thank you for that information. Am I speaking with the account holder?

Customer: Yes.

Agent: Thank you. How may I help you today?

Customer: I can’t connect to the internet. I think it's a problem with the configuration.

Agent: I see. I apologize for the inconvenience Mr. X but before we proceed with the troubleshooting steps, can I please have the brand name of your modem?

Customer: Uhhh it is an Actiontec. Actually I have it upstairs because I use wireless laptop in my bedroom but I don’t have my laptop right now it is with my wife. My kids are using wireless too in their rooms but the device is in my bedroom and I do have a workstation downstairs. It is a desktop computer. Do I need to go up to the modem?

Agent: Yes Mr.X! We need to check on the lights and access the GUI of the modem-router so if you may we need to directly connect your desktop computer if you don’t have your laptop with you.

Customer: Oh ok not a prob! One moment.

Agent: Take your time Mr. X.

Customer: Ok I’m here now. What do you want me to do.

Agent: Ok! Do you have an extra Ethernet cable so that we can directly connect your desktop downstairs?

Customer: My desktop is connected wirelessly as well but I think I do have an extra Ethernet cable. It’s handy keeping them for this kind of situation.

Agent: You are right Mr. X. By the way, could you please describe the lights on your modem?

Customer: Everything’s fine as far as I could tell. All are the same concerning the lights so I guess this might be a problem with the configuration? Am I getting it correctly?

Agent: I am amazed Mr. X. You are quite familiar with these stuffs too are you Mr. X?

Customer: Well, yeah; I once worked in a printing hardware company so basically we were informed of computer connections.

Agent: Wow that’s good to hear Mr. X.

Customer: Thank you. Well, what should we do next.

Agent: Alright... You may bring the modem downstairs and we could connect it directly to your desktop and configure the wireless connection. We would also check if you could go online when directly connected to the modem.

Customer: Oh ok one moment…

After 2 to 3 minutes, agent hears a loud thump, like someone falling down the stairs.

Agent: Mr. X are you there? Are you alright sir?

Customer: Well yeah don’t worry I’m fine, I just slipped 3, 4 steps so nothing crucial but the problem is... I think the modem is broken.

Agent: What do you mean the modem is broken sir?

Customer: Laughs... Well I could see the antenna sticking out for a fact... So can I have a replacement then?

Agent: Sure sir, not a problem. I would arrange it for you…

And then there was the moment which every agent is longing for. Modem replacement makes life easier…

Tsk tsk…

3 comments:

Chyng said...

Natawa ko inferness.. (--,)

Ascent Business Solutions said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ascent Business Solutions said...

Ascent Business Solutions Careers allow ideas and people to thrive. Search Jobs/Careers at Ascent.


Call Center Jobs in Nagpur

Powered By Blogger