Custom Search
“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” - Philip K. Dick (1928 - 1982)

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Call Center Bloopers Part 1

Agent: Thank you for calling Verizon Online DLS Technical Support, we’re here to provide you with outstanding service, you have reached Anna. Let me just verify your DSL phone number and that would be 718-xxx-xxx, is that correct?

Customer: Yes.

Agent: May I have a call back number just in case we need to reach you regarding this matter?

Customer: You can reach me through this number.

Agent: Thank you for that information. Am I speaking with the account holder?

Customer: No, I’m his wife.

Agent: May I have the name of the account holder please?

Customer: It’s uhhh Jack Black (not his real name obviously)

Agent: Thank you. How may I help you today?

Customer: I can’t connect to the internet. I’ve tried it a dozen times, I’ve already turned off and on the box as what was advice before and still I’m unable to go online.

Agent: I see. I apologize for the inconvenience Mrs. Black but before we proceed with the troubleshooting steps, can I please have the brand name of your modem?

Customer: Uhhh what’s a modem?

Agent: Oh I’m sorry Mrs. Black but a modem is the box you tried to turn off and on a while ago.

Customer: Oh! Where can I see the brand of the box? Is it a bunch of numbers?

Agent: You may see the brand name either on top or in front of the box. It could be a Westell, an Actiontec or a Fujitsu.

Customer: Oh yeah it’s – it’s a Westell..

Agent: Ok! That’s right Mrs. Black, how about the model number?

Customer: Well… it says here 6100 is that it?

Agent: Yes, that is correct Mrs. Black. How about the operating system of your computer?

Customer: Well, I’m not sure, but if it is on the tower then it’s Dell.

Agent: Not the brand name Mrs. Black but the operating system if it is a Windows XP or Windows VISTA.

Customer: Where can I see those?

Agent: Uhmm do you have a ‘My Computer’ icon on your desktop?

Customer: Well I guess… But I’m on a page where it says ‘Page cannot be displayed’ right now.

Agent: Alright... If that is the case, kindly close all your windows.

Customer: All of it?

Agent: Yes Mrs. Black.

Customer: Oh that might be a little hard but ok. Can I put you on hold for a minute?

Agent: Sure Mrs. Black (agent wonders…)

After 5 to 10 minutes, Mrs. Black goes back to the phone panting really hard.

Customer: *Panting… I have closed all the windows of our house now. That might be a good idea. I think the sunlight might have caused some problem with the computer? Is that what you’re trying to do here?

Agent: Uhhh, I guess Mrs. Black... Absolutely…

No comments:

Powered By Blogger