Custom Search
“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” - Philip K. Dick (1928 - 1982)

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Worst-Case Scenario

Why I have been single for so long...

This made me laugh really hard...

I don't usually write stuff about this and I'm not really too emotional when it comes to this kinda stuff (well, I've learned not to). I'm just that annoyed, but I know shit happens.

A woman not too familiar with me just came into our house bursting into tears, crying out that her husband has another woman. Now my mom, being the president of our subdivision's homeowners association couldn't really abandon her even if she's a total stranger. I, being too skeptic, even thought that her act was just a scam (Budol-Budol in layman's term) but nevertheless we let her in the house as she looks nothing harmful. She said she was a veterinarian with 3 children and had been married for 19 long years. She said she was happy with her husband and her husband didn't show any signs that he was bored of their marriage that's why she never would've thought that something like this might happen. She went to see my mom because the woman her husband is currently seeing actually lives near our house. She said she just wanted to talk and make her point straight to her. She even quoted that she wouldn't make any scandal and that she's far too educated to behave like that. We talked a lot about stuff while I listen to my dismay. You really couldn't tell anyone's current state if they're marriage is doing fine and going strong just by looking at them. Most of the time, those people who looked like they're not having any sort of problems are usually the ones suffering the most. I've met and talked to quite a few from different cultures of different ages. Having talked to these people I can say, I've become too cautious. That if I don't choose well enough, I might end up like these psychologically and emotionally abused women.

Going back, I'm just a bit disappointed of this reality that usually girls always get the blame. The woman the legal wife is talking about is only 22 years old. So young for a 50-ish guy. I even thought after learning that I am 3 years older than her that this would seem like you're making out with your dad or something and that's really gross if you ask me (no offense to anyone). But yet the wife is blaming it all to the girl, with a not-so developed mind (except me LOL) and still inexperienced in terms of morality and spirituality (which I believe you'll only acquire to understand as you age). Isn't that frustrating? Why not blame your husband? He's the one who left you anyhow. He's the one experienced enough to seduce (or even bribe) a woman half of his age. But then again, I don't really know the internal stuff so I couldn't really speak for the wife. The wife must have missed out something. She must have got no time for him anymore. She must have ignored the important things and these small things might cause the husband to grew out of love and grew stale of their marriage and partnership. I don't really know. It must be that the husband is just trying to find a little excitement that once he has when he was younger just this time he got caught uncovered. I'm not sure, I can't speak straight because I've got no experience myself. I'm just an observer.

I just don't get how can a woman of her age get seriously involved with a middle-aged guy knowing that he has a happy family. Is it because of money that you'll turn yourself blind? My rational thought can only think of this one thing. Disgraceful as it may sound, but I can't blame her, money makes the world go round. But then again to get yourself trapped in a pretty much embarrassing situation like this, would you still go for the money or choose to straighten up your life and die with dignity?

You know, nothing is too late if everybody just change. Not just the husband, the wife and the lover but also you and also me. All for the better... (Geez, I'm starting to sound like Karl Marx in search of Utopia! >,<)

No comments:

Powered By Blogger